Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MySpace makes me want to gouge out MyEyes

I know for a fact people other people have mentioned this before, but holy crap is MySpace annoying. I'm not much of a designer, but it's got to be the ugliest site I've seen in years. I usually use the old-school blinking text from the web ca. 1997 as my "Gold Standard" of annoying design, but I seriously think MySpace has surpassed that. But really, they do go above and beyond. They also allow users to add theme music to their profiles. Basically this means that anytime you make the mistake of viewing someone's profile you're going to be assaulted by some really awful music.

It's quite amazing in it's own special way. I never thought anything could make me envy Helen Keller, but I think MySpace just might be it!

No comments: