Monday, June 25, 2018

Grand Prismatic Spring

After Old Faithful we went to check out Grand Prismatic Spring. You can find a lot of photos of that online, many of them quite dramatic. I thought it had to be a bit overplayed, but we ought to check it out anyway. And it turns out I was wrong. That thing is frickin' amazing.


Somebody will inevitably ask if that's edited. It is, because it was shot in RAW and there's no way to not edit it. But it really is that colorful. It's ridiculous.

It's so colorful that if you look at it from the side, the water vapor rising off of it looks like it's colored blue.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. So it turns out I took a few photos there... like 180 or so... after I deleted the ones I really didn't like... Anyway, I won't make you look at all of them, but there will be a few. Because come on, this doesn't even look real...



There are two other pools next to Prismatic Spring. This one is Excelsior Geyser...

The other pool was... hell, I don't know. It was nowhere near as cool. Which was pretty much our attitude for the rest of the trip. "Oh, another amazing thermal feature? Is it even half as cool as Grand Prismatic Spring? Well then screw that stupid, one-of-a-kind, amazing-if-it-was-anywhere-else natural wonder." It kinda ruined us for the rest of the trip, but still so worth seeing.



I spent half an hour sitting in the line to get into the parking lot. I hate lines, I hate traffic, but it was 100% worth it. Go see that. As usual, more photos on Smugmug.

No comments: