Monday, July 14, 2008

Leading Questions

I got a survey from the National Republican Congressional Committee in the mail tonight. I figured I'd actually fill it out for once, make my voice heard and all. Of course I fully expected all the questions to be slanted, and I certainly was not disappointed. However, question #12 was the standout in my eyes.

12. Do you agree that winning back a Republican Majority in the House of Representatives is essential to stopping the Nancy Pelosi Democrats from raising our taxes, destroying our economy and endangering our homeland?

What a great example of a loaded question. Merely answering the question implies agreement not only that the Democrats are doing all those things, but also that they need to be stopped. The only thing you get to answer is whether winning a Republican majority is essential, or whether they could best be stopped some other way. Way to go NRCC.

Of course, question #13 is even better. The question is basically "Do you want to make a contribution?", and the available answers amount to "Yes, and here's some money", or "No, but here's some money anyway to fund this survey." I wrote in my own answer, "Screw you, quit trying tax me like a Democrat!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comments on this yet? What gives? It is not like I am reading this in a timely manner... I love it when you post this kind of stuff. The best way to have your voice heard is to provide your own answers - way to be a nonconformist!

BKR said...

Yeah, I was surprised I didn't get any comments from either side of aisle. I think you may be the only one that reads my posts that have more than one sentence in them.