Monday, October 02, 2006

Funky Buddha



Kinda hurts your head, doesn't it? Even though I did all the editing on this one it still took me a minute to figure out what the "wrongness" was, at least for me. The sky shades the wrong direction. That and the shadows falling the wrong way. Lighting is always the hardest part to get right, not that I really tried.

If you flip it back over, it looks better to me, despite the fact that Buddha is on his head and still levitating.


The original subject is a scultpure by Robert Wick, called Balance I I think. It's part of a series at the Denver Botanic Gardens called Living Bronze. All of the sculptures are quite good, and the gardens themselves are surprisingly beautiful for this time of year. If you get a chance definitely go check it out sometime very soon.

The unedited photo (and sculpture):

No comments: