Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Goof Off Break

To take a break from all the heavy technical .NET stuff, look at these pictures!

Caricature
Last Saturday Wendy & I went to her company party at the zoo. They had a free caricature artist there, so we had a sketch done. Regrettably I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a picture of the drawing and then Paintshop it a bit.

Wendy's an elephant fanatic, so the tiny pachyderm makes sense. I'm not sure why I'm holding that weird stick. Or why I've got a Patrick Stewart haircut. Or why I look stoned. Come to think of it, I don't think that sketch artist liked me very much...




Toys


This other one is a picture of my little toy collection at work. Mostly I took this picture for Mom, because she bought most of this stuff for me. See Mom, I DO use it! Anyway, on the left there's a Darth Vader Pez dispenser. Next to him is the crazy posable magnetic robot thingy (technically it's an Acrobot), to which we've attached some Google marketing swag. He's trying to get his foot free of the magnetic Tree with Bluebirds (love that creative name). Next to that is the Monty Python Dark Knight Bobblehead, which is actually from Wendy.

Good stuff. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief - that artist did not like you at all! I did enjoy that Patrick Stweart wikipedia link though. Wow, look at the size of both your and Wendy's foreheads. I can only assume that was part of the artist's "style", but sheesh. That's going a bit extreme even for a "we're big people" Reischl (sorry Mrs. Reischl). Although I have never met Wendy, I can only hope her forehead is not really that expansive. Brian better get that deformed left hand looked at also. So what is with the line coming down from the elephant's trunk - is that animal blowing snot on your shorts? All in all, much more amusing than the boring .NET posting.