Thursday, July 05, 2007

PPD 88 - Designated Smoking Area



If you can't read the sign, it says "Designated Smoking Area."

This is intended as a commentary on the status of smokers recently. Particularly how they're increasingly pushed off into the dingy corners of society where they won't be in the way. Regardless of whether that's good or bad, that's the way it is. In keeping with that I went for a hyper-gritty urban feel with shot.

For the Denverites out there, this little corner is sandwiched between a couple buildings off of 17th & California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whether good or bad? I think you need to start ranting your position more to get the comments rolling. Am I the only one who comments anymore?
For the record, I am more irritated by the littering of butts than of the second hand smoke issues.
I did like the dingy urban feel of the photo. Totally belongs in a movie.